Time to turn up the heat on Bed Bugs!
Not all heat equipment is the same. We ONLY USE an industry approved electric heat system. DO NOT TRUST home-made propane or gas induced systems.
Why Use Heat to Treat Bed Bugs?
- All insects have lethal temperature thresholds when all stages of the insect's life cycle are killed. Heat allows us to reach these lethal target temperatures and eliminate bed bugs throughout the home.
- Heat limits the total amount of pesticides used.
- Preparation of the home is minimized compared to conventional treatment methods.
- Can re-enter the home soon after the heat treatment has been performed.
- Personal items and furniture can be retained following treatment that otherwise may have been discarded with conventional treatment methods.
How Does Heat Eliminate Bed Bugs?
- Electric heaters are placed throughout the home to heat the space between 120 - 135 degrees Farenheit.
- Wireless sensors are strategically placed throughout the home to ensure lethal temperatures are reached throughout the space and to identify cold spots.
- High temperature fans are introduced to move the hot air throughout the space and reach the cracks and crevices bed bugs hide.
OPC Heat Treatment Brochure
OPC Heat Treatment Preparation Checklist