"The Bug Thugs ®"
OPC Pest Services is a QualityPro certified company. We service Louisville, Lexington, Frankfort and Bowling Green in Kentucky and also Southern Indiana and Indianapolis in Indiana. We have been providing quality pest control to our clients since 1972.
We are specialists in residential and commercial pest management.
We are members of:
OPC’s founder, Donnie Blake, has served as President of the National Pest Management Association and the Kentucky Pest Management Association.
OPC Services was originally founded as Okolona Pest Control (OPC) back in 1972. Okolona is a suburban area of Louisville which is home to GE Appliance Park. Okolona Pest Control rebranded to OPC Pest Services due to expansion into the Lexington, Frankfort, Bowling Green and Indianapolis markets. We have built our reputation on our company’s belief on customer experience first. Our goal is to provide the highest quality pest services in our market.
OPC was founded in 1972 by the late Lamon Blake and his son Donnie Blake. Two years later, Lamon’s youngest son Terry Blake proudly joined the company. Today, Donnie’s daughter Kassandra Mills with husband Kevin Mills operate the business as co-presidents. Our success is directly correlated to the hard work and dedication of our staff and their customer first mantra.
OPC Mission, Vision & values
Protect our customers’ health and property by providing valuable, high quality solutions delivered by passionate professionals.
To be the most respected and recognized market leader, the ultimate choice for quality service solutions and the premier employer in our industry.
Our Core Values
Over the years we have grown, but we still operate with the same core values and commitment to excellence that we started with. These core values are summed up in five immutable principles that guide our business and our relationships with customers and with our employees:
- Integrity: To possess high personal moral standards, be honest and trustworthy and show pride and sincerity in all that we do.
- Respect: To promote dignity, fairness, consideration and equal opportunity and to recognize and appreciate everyone for the role they play in our company.
- Teamwork: To work together willingly toward our common goals and shared vision, building upon each of our strengths while promoting trust and confidence in each other.
- Commitment: To be dedicated in words and actions to do the best we are capable of doing.
- Service: Providing the highest level of professional and excellent service to every single customer, regardless of how small or large.
OPC: A QualityPro Company
OPC is a QualityPro Company. Its purpose is to raise the bar in the pest management industry and to provide consumers with the power to choose a professional pest management company.
What it means to be a QualityPro company:
- All of our employees are interviewed, drug tested, background checked and must have a clean driving record prior to employment.
- Our employees will always arrive on property in company uniform in a recognizable company vehicle.
- OPC is the largest pest control firm based in Kentucky.
- We are fully insured with coverage of $5,000,000.00 in General Liability insurance coverage.
- Pest management technicians are equipped with wireless handheld devices which allow our technicians to provide high quality, accountable and efficient service to all of our clients.
- All of our employees are certified by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. We currently employ over 90 full time staff. Among our staff four (4) hold Kentucky Structural Pest Control Applicators’ Licenses, five (5) have been certified as Associate Entomologists (ACE), and eight (8) have Managers’ Licenses.
- Our technicians are involved in continuous training and education through our in-house training sessions, educational materials and seminars developed by manufacturers, distributors, Universities, or trade associations.
- State of the industry techniques and procedures are utilized by our firm.
OPC is a member of the National Pest Management Association, Kentucky Pest Management Association, Indiana Pest Control Association, Better Business Bureau, Louisville Apartment Association, local Chamber of Commerce, Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities and Building Industry Association of Louisville. Our founder, Donnie Blake, has served as President of the National Pest Management Association and the Kentucky Pest Management Association.
We provide a variety of services for general pests, termites, mosquitoes, moles, bed bugs,birds, bees, rodents, bats and more.
QualityPro is the mark of excellence and professionalism in pest management.
The designation is similar to the Good Housekeeping seal of approval for the pest management industry.
QualityPro is an industry program exclusive for members of the National Pest Management Association. Its purpose is to raise the bar in the pest management industry and to provide consumers with the power to choose a professional pest management company.
What sets QualityPro participants apart from the others?
- Job applicants fill out an application
- Interviews before hiring
- Reference checks of employees
- Criminal background checks
- Motor vehicle record checks
- Drug-free workplace policy
- Insurance policy requirements
- QualityPro company service vehicle standards
- Standard dress policy
- On-the-job safety policy
- Required termite warranty/service agreements
- Customer communication policy
- Trained technicians to the highest industry standards
- Practice proper pesticide handling
- Certified employees