Interested in other OPC Pest Services blog content?

OPC Pest Services Now Offering New Disinfecting Service

Keeping your home and business clean and disinfected has always been important, but now it’s an essential part of keeping your family, co-workers, and clients safe. That’s why we’re proud to announce our new disinfecting service, OPC Hygienic Solutions.

What is OPC Hygienic Solutions?

OPC Hygienic Solutions is a treatment which uses a strong but gentle, EPA-approved disinfectant that will kill 99.9% of the almost 50 bacteria, fungi, and viruses listed on the product label, including H1N1 Swine Flu and other pathogenic microbes. Our disinfectant sanitizes and disinfects hard, nonporous surfaces and soft, porous surfaces. It also meets the criteria to be used against SARSCoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

Why Disinfect with OPC Hygienic Solutions?

OPC uses a safe, powerful disinfectant you can trust to get the job done. Our disinfectant is rated by the EPA as Toxicity Category IV, their lowest toxicity rating, so you can feel confident that your home or business will be safely disinfected.

The Benefits of OPC Hygienic Solutions Disinfectant

  • It’s defined by the EPA as “practically non-toxic and not an irritant”
  • It’s mild on skin, hard surfaces, and fabrics
  • It’s free of any ozone-harming, volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
  • It’s EPA approved for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
  • It kills 99.9% of viruses on hard, non-porous surfaces and soft, porous surfaces
  • A 10×20 foot zone can be treated in just 30 minutes, including drying time

Who Benefits from OPC Hygienic Solutions?

All commercial industries and homes will benefit from our disinfectant treatment, which kills today’s most difficult bacteria and viruses. In addition to being gentle on skin and fabrics, our disinfectant is rated “no-rinse required on food contact surfaces,” which means it’s approved for use in commercial or residential kitchens without having to wash and rinse the area after it’s applied.

What Industries Can OPC Hygienic Help Disinfect?

How Does the Treatment Work?

OPC’s Hygienic Solutions disinfectant treatment includes certified trained technicians who carefully wipe down all high-touch surfaces in the specified area. Immediately following, they use specialized equipment to mist our strong disinfectant throughout the space and let it dry, which usually takes 10-15 minutes. Here are the steps in more detail:

  • Wipe down treatment. We use our strong disinfectant on a microfiber cloth to wipe down every inanimate human touchpoint, including light switches, door handles, desks, and all desk handles, conference tables, and more. 
  • Light misting treatment. After the wipe down, we treat the entire space with a fine mist application of our strong disinfectant to ensure all areas have been treated.

Is the Disinfectant You Use Toxic?

No. Powerful? Yes, but it’s not toxic. Our disinfectant was given the lowest toxicity rating possible by the EPA, which determined that it was practically non-toxic and not an irritant. It contains no ozone-harming volatile organic compounds (VOCs), is mild on skin, hard surface, and fabrics.

Can Our Business Remain Open While You Treat?

OPC Hygienic Solution treatment is best rendered after hours or at other times when the building is unoccupied. If that’s not possible, we can designate and treat unoccupied zones in rotation, allowing most operations to continue during our service. We can treat a 10×20 foot zone in approximately 30 minutes, which includes the drying time.

How Long Will I Have To Keep the Treated Area Clear?

Our treatment is most effective when it’s allowed to dry. We recommend waiting at least 20 minutes before re-entering or longer depending on the humidity and other environmental factors.

How Do You Keep Your Technicians from Spreading or Contracting COVID-19?

Our first priority is always the protection of our employees and customers. We follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on social distancing during our treatment. Our technicians all wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which is discarded after each treatment.

What Things I Can Do On My Own To Disinfect My Home?

The CDC recommends cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in your home with an EPAregistered household disinfectant. If that’s not available, you can make your own by adding ⅓ Cup of bleach per gallon of room temperature water.

More Questions About Our New Disinfecting Service?

If you want to learn more about OPC Hygienic Solutions or want to get a free estimate, call 1-800-PEST or visit us here.

Get rid of bugs fast.

* All fields are required